Monday, May 18, 2009

Retreat! Retreat! Retreat!*

Sunday evening I returned home from a most restorative trip to the Pacific North West to visit with my sisters. It was a true vacation. Here are some pictures:



If I had photoshop I would cross out the word plain on this container of yogurt and write the word "Fancy". "Fancy" matches her style, as you can see from the delightful tribute of a cake she made for my little nephew. (WAIT. . .I do have Photoshop, I just don't know how to use it. Darn.)


Then we visited the Garden of Eden--I mean, My Sister's In Law's Home, which could easily be mistaken for the garden of Eden. There we celebrated my nephew's 3rd Birthday. See:





Especially with all these animals wondering around.

Yep, that was a wallaby you just saw.



Now for a collage of memories. . .




Playing with these 2 mud puppies and watching this big little guy smile were a highlight. (Ahhhhh Childhood, the days when you can strip down to your undies, smear dirt all over body and people think its cute.)

Sisters retreats are so darn restorative.

*2 points to anyone who can correctly name what childhood memory/often watch movie the title refers to. I don't know what you can get with 2 points, but it is nice to win things and even better to walk down memory lane.

6 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Looks wonderful! You and your sisters are such a beautiful group of women. So glad you got to spend time with them. What a great idea. I can't believe...a wallaby in the yard! I will have to come up with something like this for me and my three sisters, especially now that one of my sisters will actually be living in the U.S. again.

Nancy said...

That was fun, but I look bad in some of those pictures, but it's a good thing you can still look bad and have so much fun! Thanks for organizing it this time, we wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for you and I'm so glad we did! Miss you already.

Anonymous said...

Becky, I hope you remember me, Nancy's friend Laura. You are such a fun group of sisters. I miss my sisters, we are scattered all over the country. I think the title is from my all time favorite "Father of The Bride" when he doesn't know what to say to the dogs to get them to go away. I have loved reading Nancy's play by play and yours too. I have a question for you. I have been looking for a green bag like the one that you have in Nancy's pictures. Can you tell me where to get one? I need a new bag. I am having twins and need to have a cute large bag. I love reading your blog, you are such a fun mom and sister.

pam said...

The only time muddy children look cute is if the weather is nice and you can just hose them off outside instead of dragging them, mud and all into the bathtub to clean up and then you have to clean the tub and mop the floor besides washing them off. Sterling in his snowy whites looks great. Glad you all had such a good time.

Becky said...

Laura,
I have to say I really love my bag, too. It came from Macy's during my favorite shopping day of the year, after thanksgiving day sale. If you are having twins then I say CONGRATULATIONS! I love having twins. (And you will need a bag much bigger than mine.d)

Becky said...

p.s. you will have to go even further back to get my childhood memory reference. I think my brother Steve would know.